HAC2023 Frequently Asked Questions
What is Families USA’s Health Action Conference?
Families USA’s Health Action Conference is a national annual convening of hundreds of health advocates cutting across policy, communications, organizing, and government relations who come together annually for policy discussions, skill-building sessions, speaker panels, presenters, networking, and more.
Where will Health Action 2023 be held?
Both online and at the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill! We wanted to provide the most equitable experience possible, so Health Action 2023 is a hybrid event. You can log into the conference from the comfort of your own home and participate online, or come to the hotel and collaborate on our top priorities face to face, with safety measures.
Who should attend?
- Community leaders and organizers
- Social justice advocates, activists, and communicators
- Health care and policy professionals
- Oral health groups and partners
- Disability rights advocates
- Children’s health champions
- Community Health Workers
- Primary Care Associations and health center outreach and enrollment staff
- State-based health care advocates
- Advocacy and communications professionals from national, state, and community-based organizations
Where can I learn more about Families USA and the Health Action Network?
Don’t miss out on opportunities to join the health justice community in collective action! Sign up for the Health Action Network listserv to receive information about advocacy actions you can take, upcoming events, and more.
Have questions about Health Action?
Contact us at HealthActionConference@FamiliesUSA.org
HAC 2023 HEALTH & SAFETY GUIDELINES
Hosting a safe event is our top priority as we return to Families USA’s Health Action Conference (HAC) hybrid conference. As the spread of COVID-19 continues to be a significant risk for many, every in-person attendee is required to have their primary series of vaccinations and provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken 48 hours prior to arrival at the conference venue. We will also provide optional stickers for attendees to communicate their choice of contact with others at the conference. Per CDC guidelines, we recommended wearing a mask, but it is not required.
The Families USA team is continually monitoring community risk levels associated with COVID-19 per CDC guidelines, and will provide more updates as we get closer to the conference. For questions or information about the HAC 2023 Health & Safety Policy, please contact us at HealthActionConference@FamiliesUSA.org. You can find more details about the policy, such as acceptable types of tests and masks on our website.
We are so excited to be able to return to in-person events and we appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate ongoing public health challenges.
HAC 2023 Health & Safety Policy
The HAC2023 Health & Safety Policy is subject to change, based on recommendations from the CDC, the World Health Organization and other state & local ordinances, including the community risk levels where the event will take place.
Requirements to Attend
To attend in-person, and retrieve their on-site conference credentials, attendees will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination (at minimum the primary series), and a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 48 hours of arrival, along with a valid, government issued ID.
Submitting Verifiable Documentation
If you need assistance registering, or uploading your documents, contact the support team anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registering Link: You will receive an email from HealthActionConference@FamiliesUSA.org that contains a link to submit your documentation (also below). You may also use the provided QR code to access the portal from a mobile device.
- General Attendees URL & QR Code:
- General Attendees URL & QR Code:
- Select the link or scan the QR code to register.
- Enter your email address.
- An email will be sent asking you to confirm your email address. If you do not receive this email within 5-minutes please search your inbox/firewalls for an email from email@example.com.
- You will then be prompted to complete your registration for the event.
- Completing the Health Form:
- Create a password. The password should contain at least 8 characters, an upper and a lowercase letter, and at least one number.
- You will be asked to read and agree to a waiver.
- You will be asked to answer screening questions prior to uploading your documents.
- Uploading Health Documents: You can choose to have your documentation verified by a member of our verification team, or through Human API. If you choose to manually upload your proof you will be instructed to either upload a file or take a photo of your documentation.
- Approval Processes: If approved, you will receive an approval email from firstname.lastname@example.org. If rejected, you will receive an email explaining the reason for rejection & the steps needed to be taken to get approval.
- If you have any questions or concerns you can reach out to our team at email@example.com. Please direct any event specific questions to Families USA by emailing HealthActionConference@FamiliesUSA.org.
Primary Series of Vaccinations
- The best protection against COVID-19 is vaccination. It is required that all meeting attendees (volunteer, staff, et. al) be up to date with their primary series of COVID-19 vaccination doses, (click here for more information).
- We will accept the following as proof of vaccination:
- CDC issued vaccination card (or a photo of the card; must be front and back)
- Digital vaccine record (e.g., vaccine passport app)
- Medical exemptions must be submitted in the form of official documentation from an accredited medical provider.
Negative COVID-19 Test Within 48 Hours of Attendance
- All participants, attendees and staff are required to provide evidence of a Negative COVID-19 test taken within forty-eight (48) hours of arrival.
- Types of COVID-19 tests accepted by Families USA:
- Diagnostic tests
- Molecular tests, also known as a PCR test
- Antigen tests, commonly known as a “rapid test” or “at-home” or “self-test”
- Test Result Timing:
- Your test must be taken within forty-eight (48) hours of your first arrival at the venue. You will not be required to test again on each consecutive day of the conference.
- Getting your test results back varies greatly by the type of test taken, company/provider, and/or laboratory performing the COVID-19 test. You should confirm your preferred communication method to receive your results when scheduling your test.
Masks Are Recommended
- The spread of COVID-19 continues to be a significant risk for many, regardless of age and other factors, and masks can help protect you and others from COVID-19.
- Regardless of vaccination status, in accordance with CDC guidelines, Families USA recommends all attendees wear a mask that is well-fitting and filters air well in all indoor public places. Examples of a proper mask include a well-fitting respirator (e.g., N95, KN95) or a double mask (a well-fitting cloth mask over a medical mask).
Physical Distancing (Choice of Contact)
- FUSA will provide all attendees with their choice color-coded badge designation (shown below) to represent each attendee’s choice of contact:
- Red – Greet from 6 feet
- Yellow – Elbows, fist bumps and handshakes only
- Green – Open to hugs
- The Hyatt Regency (conference venue) has ample space to support appropriate distancing, if desired, during educational sessions, meals, and events. To learn about safety measures at the conference hotel, please visit Hyatt Global Care Center by clicking here.
General Hygiene Keeps Everyone Safe
- We ask that you follow general precautionary practices, which include:
- Shield your coughs or sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash; if a tissue is not available, use your sleeve.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- There will be hand sanitizer stations positioned throughout the conference space. Please use them frequently.
- Stay home if you are feeling ill.
Acknowledgment of Risk
By attending Families USA’s Health Action Conference 2023, You hereby acknowledge that participation in the event comes with inherent risks, including possible exposure to and infection with viruses such as COVID-19. You further acknowledge that Families USA will require proof of vaccination for such virus before participation at the Event. Finally, you acknowledge that additional information regarding health and safety requirements will be available at the Event, and Families USA reserves the right to implement screening measures or other health and safety measures depending on federal, state, or local requirements pertaining to the virus.
By attending Families USA’s Health Action Conference 2023, you certify that you do not fall into any of the following categories:
- Individuals who currently or within the past fourteen (14) days (prior to attending the event) have experienced any symptoms associated with COVID-19, including fever, cough, and shortness of breath, among others; or
- Individuals who have traveled at any point in the past fourteen (14) days (prior to attending the event) either internationally or to a community in the U.S. that has experienced or is experiencing sustained community spread of COVID-19 and are not in compliance with current local and CDC Guidelines related to domestic and international travel, as updated (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/after-travel-precautions.html);1 or
- Individuals who believe that they may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 or who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities or the health care team responsible for their treatment.
Cancellation requests must be received on or before Friday, December 31, 2022. All cancellation requests must be made by email at HealthActionConference@FamiliesUSA.org. Conference registration fees will be refunded to the payee in the same manner as the original payment (less a $25 processing fee) within 90 days. Refunds will NOT be issued for conference no-shows. Late cancellations are permitted in the case of illness or a positive Covid-19 diagnosis. If you contract COVID-19 or become ill after the December 31, 2022 deadline, you will be able to transfer your in-person ticket to a virtual ticket at no expense. You may also transfer your in-person ticket to someone else who will be able to attend in your place.
Families USA reserves the right to substitute faculty or to cancel, modify, substitute, or reschedule sessions because of speaker availability or other circumstances that are unforeseen or beyond the control of Families USA. If unforeseen circumstances prevent Families USA from delivering the program in person, options for rescheduling will be provided.
Release and Waiver of Liability and Indemnification
In consideration of Your participation in Families USA’s Health Action Conference, You, on behalf of Yourself, Your heirs, representatives, executors, administrators, and assigns, HEREBY DO RELEASE Families USA, its officers, directors, employees, volunteers, agents, representatives and insurers, from any causes of action, claims, or demands of any nature whatsoever including, but in no way limited to, claims of negligence, which You, Your heirs, representatives, executors, administrators and assigns may have, now or in the future, against Families USA on account of personal injury, property damage, death or accident of any kind, arising out of or in any way related to my participation in the Event, however the injury or damage occurs.
You further certify that You are of lawful age (18 years or older) and otherwise legally competent to register for and attend HAC2023, and that You have legal capacity to act in this matter. You further understand that the terms of this policy are legally binding and certify that You understand this policy, after having carefully read it, of Your own free will.