Webinar: A National Mobilization Moment on Federal Drug Pricing
Now is the critical moment to end high drug prices and costs for all of America’s families. All signs are showing that Congress and the White House are ready to take meaningful action on lowering prescription drug prices, as well as other key health priorities that the savings from a comprehensive drug pricing package would make possible. But this isn’t a done deal. It’s up to our collective action – and partners from every corner of the country – to mobilize and push Congress for the strongest possible drug pricing solution. It’s time Congress finally puts an end to egregious drug industry practices that have come at the expense of America’s families.
In this webinar, Families USA and key partners, including Lower Drug Prices Now Coalition, Patients for Affordable Drugs, and West Health, discussed:
- What this moment means for consumers and voters;
- The current political landscape on Capitol Hill;
- Which policy proposals are on the table; and
- A direct Call to Action and an advocacy toolkit to utilize for this critical push.
Our speakers included:
- Lisa Hunter, Senior Director of Strategic Partnerships, Families USA
- Sean Dickson, Director, Health Policy, West Health Policy Center
- Sarah Kaminer Bourland, Legislative Director, Patients For Affordable Drugs
- Eliot Fishman, Senior Director of Health Policy, Families USA
- Will Fischer, Legislative Affairs Director, Lower Drug Prices Now Coalition
To continue on in these advocacy efforts, please utilize our corresponding materials:
- Please complete this form to join the Rx Allies listserv and monthly calls.
- Families USA Rx Polling
- West Health Polling – New Polls Find Vast Majority of Voters in 4 Key States Want Medicare to Negotiate Lower Drug Prices
- West Health and Gallup Polling – Most Americans Support Medicare Negotiation for Drug Prices Despite Claims It Would Hurt Innovation
If you would like to access a recording of the webinar please email email@example.com.