Securing Our Healthy Future: A Road Map for the 117th Congress to Improve Health and Health Care in Every American Community
The 117th U.S. Congress is convening at a pivotal moment in the history of our nation. We face a significant set of challenges, but also a momentous opportunity to greatly improve the lives of struggling families in America. The novel coronavirus COVID-19 not only exposed the problems with our health care system but also gave us a blueprint for change. Policymakers have a unique imperative to respond to the devastating health and financial crises triggered by the COVID-19 pandemic by addressing immediate needs while also building a more equitable, efficient, and effective health care system for the future.
Families USA stands ready to serve as a key partner in this essential work and urges every member of Congress to join us in developing policy solutions that draw upon the strength of American innovation, celebrate the diversity of the American people, and finally construct a health care system that truly serves every community. To achieve that goal, Congress must:
- Take bold and immediate action to stop the spread of COVID-19, save lives, and restore our economy.
- Ensure every person in America has comprehensive health coverage that ensures affordable access to high-quality health care.
- End racial injustice in health and health care, and ensure all individuals and families have equal opportunity to live a healthy life, free from health disparities and barriers to care because of who they are, where they come from, where they live, what language they speak, or how they identify.
- Guarantee high-quality, low-cost, consumer-centered health care by bringing down health care costs, curbing industry abuses, and transforming the health care system to prioritize delivering value and improving people’s health.
- Make certain that policy changes are informed by consumer experiences and that the best interests of patients and families are at the heart of every policy solution.
To read our full federal legislative agenda click the download button below.