Helping People with Medicare
The Affordable Care Act will make health care more affordable for seniors and people with disabilities who rely on Medicare. The law will also change how Medicare pays for health care, making the program more financially secure.
Learn about the ways the Affordable Care Act improves Medicare, including:
- closing the gap in prescription drug coverage known as the “doughnut hole”
- eliminating out-of-pocket costs for preventive care
- providing more help for low-income people
- promoting high-quality, coordinated health care
- strengthening Medicare’s finances while protecting benefits