Health Insurance Options for African Americans
In user-friendly language, this simple brochure explains how the Affordable Care Act improves health coverage for African Americans, including affordable coverage options.
Improvements to health insurance:
- No more copayments for preventive care
- Safeguards to prevent unfair premium increases
- Coverage for adult children
- Medicare prescription drug savings
Affordable coverage options:
- Consumers can shop for and compare plans in the health insurance marketplaces.
- One application gets consumers the health coverage and financial assistance they need.
- Consumers can apply online or by phone, and there are trained helpers to provide assistance.
- Consumers with low incomes may qualify for Medicaid.
- For consumers with middle incomes, financial help is available on a sliding scale to help pay for a plan.
Co-produced with the NAACP and the National Urban League.