COVID-19: State Opportunities and the Next Federal Response Package
As Congress begins to take action on “phase 4” legislation in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, there is an important opportunity for health advocates to push for improved health coverage, access to care, and public health infrastructure.
This webinar highlights policy opportunities, what they would mean for state health policy, and how state level advocates can get involved. Additionally, please join Families USA in our comprehensive sign on letter calling on Congress to ensure that all people in our nation can get the care they need to stay healthy. The deadline to sign on is April 21st at 5pm EDT.
Through this letter, we are pushing Congress to advance specific policies in the legislation that will:
- Ensure access to affordable health insurance coverage for all.
- Provide states, localities, and tribes with the financial support they need to respond effectively.
- Protect the health and safety of the health care workforce.
- Organize national public health capacity.
- Protect all patients’ access to care and prohibit price gouging of health care services.
- Frederick Isasi, Executive Director, Families USA
- Lisa Hunter, Senior Director of Strategic Partnerships, Families USA
- Eliot Fishman, Senior Director of Health Policy, Families USA