Consumers First Letter to Biden Transition Team on Key Administrative Priorities
Consumers First, the alliance that brings together diverse interests representing families and children, working people, employers and primary care providers to improve the fundamental economic incentives and design of our health care system, sent the Biden Presidential Team a detailed letter highlighting the most critical regulations to retain, revise or eliminate as the new administration builds their administrative policy agenda.
Regulations To Retain:
- Protect Primary Care Payment through the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule
- Protect the Addition of New Services to the Medicare Telehealth List through the CY 2021 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule
- Implement Site-Neutral Payments through the CY 2019, 2020, 2021 Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System
- Increase Price Transparency through the “Transparency in Coverage” Final Rule
- Improve Data Sharing through the Interoperability and Patient Access Final Rule
- Establish National Interoperable Standards through the 21st Century Cures At Final Rule
Regulations to Revise:
- Revise the CY 2021 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Final Rule to Increase Payment for Vaccine Administration
- Revise the Market-Based MS-DRG Relative Weight Proposed Data Collection Section of the CY 2021 Inpatient Prospective Payment System
Harmful Regulations to Eliminate:
- Change in Methodology for Calculation MS-DRG Relative Weights through the CY 2021 Inpatient Prospective Payment System Final Rule
To read the full letter, click the download button.