01.25.2019 / Press Release
Women Leaders Take the Families USA Stage: And Still, We Rise: Women Leaders Who Resist and Thrive
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Families USA will present its “And Still, We Rise: Women Leaders Who Resist and Thrive” plenary at its 2019 Health Action Conference Friday, Jan 25th, 3:30pm at the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill.
Event: “And Still, We Rise: Women Leaders Who Resist and Thrive”
Date: Friday, Jan. 25, 2019
Keynote address time: 3:30 pm – 4:55 pm
Location: Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, 400 New Jersey Avenue NW, Regency Ballroom
- One-on-one interviews with First Lady of NYC Chirlane McCray following her keynote address. Interviews will be held from 3:50 pm – 4:30 pm in the Concord room, located in the Hall of Battles and must be scheduled before hand If you’re interested in an interview, please contact Freddi Goldstein at email@example.com.
- Video and photos of plenary participants
- Facebook live stream
- Live tweeting
- Opening Keynote: Chirlane McCray, First Lady of New York City, Founder of ThriveNYC and Cities Thrive
- Denisse Sanchez, MPH, Families USA
- Keshia Bradford, MPA, Health Center Association of Nebraska;
- Anna Chu, J.D., National Women’s Law Center
- Cristina Jiménez, MPA, MPP, United We Dream
- Monica Simpson, Sister Song—The National Women of Color Reproductive Justice Collective
- Moderator: Sinsi Hernández-Cancio, J.D., Families USA
- Closing Keynote: Representative Sharice Davids (D-KS-3)
Families USA is a bipartisan public interest group that has been fighting for health care consumers since 1981. Its Health Action Conference, in its 24th year, is an annual national grassroots health care conference that gathers consumer health care activists, health care professionals, advocates, policymakers, policy experts, and media to confer on the nation’s health care agenda. Families USA welcomes Maryland Attorney General Brian Frosh; Sister Simone Campbell, Executive Director of NETWORK; Stacey Abrams, Founder, Fair Fight; and Rep. Sharice Davids (D-KS-3) as 2019 keynote speakers.
Individuals who are interested in attending #HA2019 can register at the onsite registration desk. Members of the media may request a press pass via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.