Opposing Restrictive Medicaid Waivers in Your State: Advocacy Toolkit
As of April 2018, 18 states were actively pursuing Medicaid waivers that would kick people off the program or impose punitive requirements. And the list continues to grow. Advocates for affordable, high-quality, and equitable health care can play a vital role in opposing these waivers. Share this toolkit on Twitter.
Use the resources in this toolkit to speak up for the people in your state who could be harmed by restrictive Section 1115 Medicaid waivers
- At-a-Glance Grid: Medicaid 1115 Coverage Restrictions: Status in the States
- Advocacy Timeline: Opposing Restrictive Medicaid 1115 Waivers
- Comments Template: For Submitting Comments (Microsoft Word .docx file download)
Background on Section 1115 waivers and proposals that restrict health coverage
- Work Requirements in Medicaid Waivers: These Aren’t About Work (Fact Sheet)
- Dig deeper into the elements of Medicaid that are under attack through restrictive Section 1115 waivers.
- Read Families USA Comments on state waiver requests.
- Get an overview of the process at Waivers 101.