Key Advocates Webinar: State Options to Cover the Uninsured and Stabilize Markets
States have an opportunity to build on the Affordable Care Act's progress by pioneering innovative strategies to cover the remaining uninsured, often while stabilizing insurance markets and lowering premiums.
On this webinar, we discuss strategies states can consider to build on the progress of the Affordable Care Act in expanding coverage using innovative strategies that can help stabilize markets.
- Stan Dorn, Senior Fellow, Families USA
- Audrey Gasteier, Chief of Policy and Strategy, Massachusetts Health Connector
- Claire McAndrew, Director of Campaigns and Partnerships, Families USA
Strategies discussed on the webinar include:
- Medicaid Buy-in
- State-based financial assistance for premiums and cost-sharing
- The Basic Health Program
- Enhanced in-person enrollment assistance
- Leveraging state income tax filing to facilitate coverage enrollment
- State-based individual mandates that are designed to increase enrollment, and
- Publicly funded reinsurance
View our report, Seven State Options to Reduce the Number of Uninsured (and Stabilize Insurance Markets) for more information on these issues.