WHO WE ARE
Since 1981, Families USA Foundation has been a leading national voice for health care consumers. Through our long-standing relationships of consumer leaders, advocates, and partner organizations across all 50 states and the District of Columbia, we have remained steadfast in our mission – Dedicated to the achievement of high-quality, affordable healthcare and improved health for all. We advance our mission through public policy analysis, advocacy, and collaboration with partners to promote a patient- and community-centered health system.
The Staff Accountant works closely with the Senior Director of Finance & Operations and the Accounting Manager, to assist with the day-to-day accounting operations, manage the development/maintenance of internal accounting policies and monitor emerging technologies to promote efficiencies within the department. This person must have strong knowledge and understanding of general financial accounting and cost accounting with solid problem solving and project management skills and high attention to detail and accuracy.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Perform account analysis and reconciliation; adjust account discrepancies and prepare schedules.
- Support timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial close-out, including journal entries, account reconciliations, accruals/deferrals, and overall maintenance of the general ledger.
- Coordinate and maintain various grant billings and reports; verify all billings are completed and reconciled to the general ledger and assist with grants expense reporting.
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Prepare entries for deposits, bank charges, adjustments, and journal entries.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other related field required. 3-5 years’ of accounting experience required. Prior experience working in a non-profit environment a plus.
We offer a dynamic, empowering, and collaborative work environment that allows staff to reach their full potential. We offer an extremely attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, disability and life, matching 403(b) plan, 3+ weeks’ vacation, nine (9) Federal holidays and our office is closed between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day, onsite fitness center, and many more exciting benefit programs.
HOW TO APPLY
We encourage qualified candidates to apply online at Families USA’s website and include in your application: your cover letter, resume, and desired salary. Direct hire only – no recruiters. EEO.