SENIOR DIRECTOR OF STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS
WHO WE ARE
Since 1981, Families USA Foundation has been a leading national voice for health care consumers. Through our long-standing relationships of consumer leaders, advocates, and partner organizations across all 50 states and the District of Columbia, we have remained steadfast in our mission – Dedicated to the achievement of high-quality, affordable healthcare and improved health for all. We advance our mission through public policy analysis, advocacy, and collaboration with partners to promote a patient-and community-centered health system.
The Senior Director of Strategic Partnerships is one of the most senior-level positions at Families USA. This person provides strategic direction for Families USA’s organization-wide efforts to collaborate with national and state-based advocates and industry-level partners to advocate for our consumer-focused programs for an overall impact on reforms in Congress, local state agencies and in the local communities. This position is responsible for developing and nurturing strategic alliances, broadening its appeal to new and more diverse industry segments; and ensure that these strategic coalitions build consensus around the organization’s mission and goals. As a contributing member of the senior leadership team, work collaboratively with the team to help develop, oversee and execute on the overall success of the organization as well as oversee multiple projects and project teams.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Develop and design strategies that effectively engage national, state and industry-level strategic partnerships.
- Provide leadership and oversight of the management of ongoing relationships with existing partners and leverage those relationships to greater collective impact.
- Conceptualize new strategic initiatives that build consensus around Families USA’s Theory of Change and Theory of Action.
- Develop systems and procedures in support of the identification, engagement and development of strategic partnerships.
- Conceptualize campaigns to advance organization priorities through coalition building among state, local and national partners.
- Oversee and steward multiple project teams, including: envisioning highly impactful projects; developing project plans, key milestones and deliverables; adapting such plans, and assisting project teams to troubleshoot.
- Work in partnership with the senior leadership team to cultivate funder relationships to increase Families USA’s major goals and initiatives and ensure department’s long-term direction and accomplishments aligns well with organization-wide strategy.
- Collaborate with the Communications team on media opportunities and act as a spokesperson when necessary to help build Families USA’s vision and impact.
- Provide leadership and direction to department staff, including: establish priorities, coach and mentor, motivate, empower, evaluate, and identify opportunities for professional development and growth.
A true passion for our organization’s work! Graduate degree preferred, in Public Policy, Advocacy, Social Sciences or related field. More than 15 years of experience specifically in implementing “grass-top” and/or grassroots efforts in other similar progressive advocacy organizations and/or political campaigns.
We offer a dynamic, empowering, and collaborative work environment that allows staff to reach their full potential. We offer an extremely attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, disability and life, 403(b), 3+ weeks’ vacation, nine (9) Federal holidays and our offices are closed between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day, onsite fitness center, and many more exciting benefit programs.
HOW TO APPLY
We encourage qualified candidates to apply online at Families USA’s website and include in your application: your cover letter, resume and desired salary. Cover letter and resume will also be used as writing samples. Direct hire only – no recruiters. EEO.