POLICY ANALYST (2 Positions)
Are you interested in using your research and analysis skills to help create real social change in where every family has the opportunity to achieve their optimal health?
WHO WE ARE
Since 1981, Families USA Foundation has been a leading national voice for health care consumers. Through our long-standing relationships of consumer leaders, advocates, and partner organizations across all 50 states and the District of Columbia, we have remained steadfast in our mission – Dedicated to the achievement of high-quality, affordable healthcare and improved health for all. We advance our mission through public policy analysis, advocacy, and collaboration with partners to promote a patient-and community-centered health system.
We are looking for a Policy Analyst who will provide support work to our priority issue areas, including Medicaid and health care coverage, prescription drugs, health equity, and payment and delivery reform. Work to develop and deliver timely, efficient, tailored policy research, analysis, and reporting in support of the organization’s policy agenda.
The success of your work will be assessed according to annual metrics and milestones, and an annual evaluation.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Develop a level of expertise in Families USA’s health policy areas of focus and projects, including coverage, health equity, prescription drugs, and payment and delivery system reform.
- Perform policy research, analysis, and reporting on issues within Families core areas of focus.
- Review and analyze data, policy literature, laws and regulations to provide support in informing organizational policy recommendations and help identify opportunities for affecting policy change.
- Help build and support relationships with stakeholders, federal agencies, decision-making bodies, coalitions, working groups and other organizations.
- Work with colleagues to respond to regulatory and legislative requests or opportunities to provide feedback, including writing or coordinating regulatory comments.
- Collaborate regularly with the Strategic Partnerships team to maintain up-to-date knowledge of state and federal health policy initiatives and advocacy strategies used in other states to identify potential issues and opportunities for state partners and provide technical assistance.
- Write and edit content, including but not limited to: reports, issue briefs, fact sheets, presentations, emails, blogs, webinars, and other materials.
- Represent Families USA at external trainings, consultations, and presentations with national, state, and local advocates.
Undergraduate degree in public health or public policy or a related field, 2-3 years’ related experience preferably in a non-profit environment. We are looking for an individual who has a passion for social justice and for the mission of Families USA, strong analytical abilities, research and writing, excellent organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks and competing demands working across various project teams.
We offer a dynamic, empowering, and collaborative work environment that allows staff to reach their full potential. We offer an extremely attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, disability, and life, 403(b) retirement plan, paid parental leave, 3+ weeks’ vacation, nine (9) Federal holidays and our offices are closed between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day, and many more exciting benefit programs.
HOW TO APPLY
We encourage qualified candidates to apply online at Families USA’s website and include in your application: your cover letter, resume, writing sample and desired salary. Cover letter and resume will also be used as writing samples. Direct hire only – no recruiters. EEO.