Health Policy Coordinator
Who We Are
Since 1981, Families USA Foundation has been a leading national voice for health care consumers. Through our long-standing relationships of consumer leaders, advocates, and partner organizations across all 50 states and the District of Columbia, we have remained steadfast in our mission – Dedicated to the achievement of high-quality, affordable healthcare and improved health for all. We advance our mission through public policy analysis, advocacy, and collaboration with partners to promote a patient-and community-centered health system.
The Health Policy Coordinator will support the health policy team and various project teams. This person will develop and deliver timely, efficient, tailored policy research and reporting in support of the organization’s health policy agenda.
Main responsibilities include:
- Support Families USA’s health policy areas of focus and projects.
- Support supervisor with logistics and preparation of materials for external trainings, consultations, and presentations with national, state, and local advocates.
- Contribute to media and environmental scans, policy research, analysis, and reporting on issues within Families.
- Assist with reviewing and analyzing data, policy literature, laws and regulations that inform organizational policy recommendations and help identify opportunities for affecting policy change.
- Utilize FUSA’s Asana platform to track all policy project work, milestones, and deliverables, and provide technical support to the project teams.
- Help build and support relationships with stakeholders, state and federal agency contacts, decision-making bodies, coalitions, working groups and other organizations.
- Collaborate regularly with the Strategic Partnerships team to maintain up-to-date knowledge of key partners, advocacy strategies, and coalition-building approaches used in providing state partners technical assistance.
- Assist with the writing and editing of content, including but not limited to reports, issue briefs, fact sheets, presentations, emails, blogs, webinars, and other materials.
- Provide overall project and grant management, including ensuring that overall strategy is implemented, existing deliverables are completed on schedule, and necessary meetings are scheduled and appropriately planned.
Undergraduate degree, 1-2 years’ related experience preferably in a non-profit environment.
To perform successfully in this role, applicant should possess the specific knowledge, skills and abilities outlined below:
Knowledge (acquired information necessary to do the job, kind of knowledge required for the job)
- Basic knowledge and understanding of U.S. health care policies.
- Strong analytical abilities and an ability to perform quantitative and data analyses.
- Understanding of the federal, state and local health care programs.
- Possess a working knowledge of basic elements of health policy research.
Skills (position-specific learned activity, generally gained through training)
- Strong research, writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Sound judgment, analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Capacity to handle multiple competing priorities – including ability to be agile and work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook) and project management software.
Abilities (position-specific talents; potential to perform tasks or functions)
- Ability to communicate information – synthesize and clearly share information and ideas – both oral and written.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and competing demands to achieve quality results in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently and in close coordination with teams with supervision.
- Driven, motivated and proactive – with a resilient, solutions-focused attitude.
We offer a dynamic, empowering, and collaborative work environment that allows staff to reach their full potential. We provide an extremely attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, hybrid work schedule: 3 days in office/2 optional WFH days, medical, dental, vision, disability and life, 403(b) retirement matching plan, 3+ weeks’ vacation, ten (10) Federal holidays and our offices are closed between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day and many more exciting benefit programs. Salary will be commensurate with experience, our salary range for this role is $45K – $50K.
How to Apply
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply online and include in your application: your cover letter, resume and writing sample. Cover letter and resume will also be used as writing samples. Families USA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.