HEALTH CARE VALUE INTERN
ABOUT FAMILIES USA
Families USA, a leading national voice for health care consumers, is dedicated to the achievement of high quality, affordable health care for all. We advance our mission through public policy analysis, advocacy, and collaboration with partners to promote a patient- and community-centered health system.
We are currently looking for an intern for our Health Policy department. The Health Care Value Intern will support the work of the Director of Health Care Innovation and work on projects related to delivery system and payment reform, legislative and administrative policy developments, prescription drug and health care pricing and transparency, and more. The ideal candidate will be available to work full time.
- Support the Director of Health Care Innovation to research and track key health care value issues, including the ongoing evaluation of the impact of health care value-related legislative and administrative policy developments.
- Track and analyze congressional and administrative policy changes that impact Medicare, Medicaid, and private payer payment systems.
- Conduct policy research and writing on issues related to healthcare financing, delivery system and payment reform, healthcare workforce, prescription drug pricing, healthcare prices and market consolidation, and price transparency.
- Support the Director of Health Care Innovation in the completion of written analyses on legislative and administrative proposals including regulatory comments, issue briefs, rapid response analyses, fact sheets, blogs, and other written collateral necessary to execute organization’s value strategies.
- Draft content for presentations for external audiences providing policy knowledge on value topics in briefings, conference sessions, webinars, and conference calls.
- Support the Director of Health care Innovation to schedule meetings and build strategic partnerships and coalitions focused on health care value advocacy priorities.
- Passion for and deep commitment to health, health care and social justice.
- Holds a Master’s degree or is currently pursuing a Master’s degree in public health, public
policy, social sciences or related fields.
- Ability to work individually, as well as part of a team.
- Strong research, writing, and editing skills.
- Ability to prioritize work under tight deadlines while remaining flexible.
ABOUT OUR WORKPLACE
Interns at Families USA are considered and treated as integral members of the staff who have substantive roles to play in achieving the best health and health care for everyone in the country. Families USA considers its internship program an important opportunity to develop the next generation of health justice leaders. Internships are structured to facilitate professional development, with interns working with their supervisor and a mentor on developing and achieving goals, including taking advantage of the learning opportunities in our nation’s capital.
HOW TO APPLY
We encourage qualified candidates to apply online at Families USA’s website and include in your application: your cover letter, resume, and desired salary. Direct hire only – no recruiters. EEO.