DIRECTOR OF STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS
WHO WE ARE
Since 1981, Families USA Foundation has been a leading national voice for health care consumers. Through our long-standing relationships of consumer leaders, advocates, and partner organizations across all 50 states and the District of Columbia, we have remained steadfast in our mission – Dedicated to the achievement of high-quality, affordable healthcare and improved health for all. We advance our mission through public policy analysis, advocacy, and collaboration with partners to promote a patient- and community-centered health system.
The Director of Strategic Partnerships works to develop and implement highly impactful projects to enhance our organization’s grass tops and grassroots efforts focused on ensuring the best health and health care are equally accessible and affordable to all in our nation. Projects cut across four core focus areas: health care value, health equity, coverage, and consumer experience. In addition, projects focus on both national and state-level efforts. A key responsibility of this position is to build strong, effective relationships with national, state, local communities and industry-level partners that advance project goals. The Director must have a clear understanding and passion for Families USA’s mission, build and maintain wide coalitions that develop the political currency to effect change, and be able to build, oversee, and execute highly impactful projects rooted in creative and successful Theories of Change and Action. In addition, the Director should be able to adapt strategies for multiple audiences including bipartisan policy makers, consumer organizations, health equity organizations, and the health care business sector.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Develop effective ways to engage national, state and industry-level strategic partnerships to help expand Families outreach efforts.
- Cultivate ongoing relationships with existing partners and leverage those relationships to provide greater collective impact.
- Build, oversee, and execute highly impactful project plans, including supervising junior staff and working directly with senior leaders.
- Develop a regularly updated national, state and local community partners prospect list, prioritize tasks, and plan approaches in consultation with the Senior Director.
- Provide effective continuous communication with partners, including information packets, briefings,
delivering presentations and providing reports on our organization’s work.
- Work in partnership with the senior director to cultivate funder relationships to increase Families USA’s major goals and initiatives and ensure accomplishments aligns well with organization-wide strategy.
- Serve as a resource to partners advocating for change and provide technical assistance to create a movement around affecting system and policy changes to advance a more equitable health care system.
Master’s degree preferred, in Public Policy, Advocacy, Social Sciences, Law, public health, or related fields. At least 5 years of experience specifically in developing and managing progressive strategic partnerships in other similar advocacy organizations and/or political campaigns. Experience must demonstrate expertise and direct responsibility for managing and growing outreach strategy and execution. A passion for social justice and for the mission of Families USA.
We offer a dynamic, empowering, and collaborative work environment that allows staff to reach their full potential. We offer an extremely attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, disability and life, 403(b), 3+ weeks’ vacation, nine (9) Federal holidays and our offices are closed between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day, onsite fitness center, and many more exciting benefit programs.
HOW TO APPLY
We encourage qualified candidates to apply online at Families USA’s website and include in your application: your cover letter, resume, and desired salary. Cover letter and resume will be used as writing samples. Direct hire only – no recruiters. EEO.