We produced these user-friendly bilingual materials—available in English and Spanish—to help consumers and enrollment assisters understand health insurance options available through the Affordable Care Act marketplaces.
For more tools to help consumers, visit our Enrollment Assistance Resource Center.
This palm card lists the steps consumers should take to get ready to apply for health insurance and financial assistance. The brochure also lists the information consumers will need when they are ready to apply.
Our brochure explains how the Affordable Care Act improves health coverage for Latinos, including improvements that can save consumers money, affordable coverage options and consumer protections.
This guide explains many of the health insurance terms that consumers need to understand when they are shopping for insurance. It also explains the different costs associated with health insurance, rules about how to get health care, and how to pick the right plan.
Choosing a health plan
These fact sheets provide information about the new health plan options available through the marketplaces and what you should consider when choosing a plan.
- Choosing the Health Plan That’s Right for You (Cómo Elegir el Mejor Plan Medico Para Usted)
Provides information you need to know to help you choose the plan that meets your specific health care needs.
- Choosing a Health Plan You Can Afford (Cómo Elegir un Plan Médico Que Pueda Pagar)
Provides information about the different costs that you will pay in addition to your monthly premium.
- Understanding the Differences between Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze Plans (Diferencias entre los Planes Platino, Oro, Plata y Bronce)
Explains the different categories of health plans to help you choose a plan.
Keeping and using your health insurance
These fact sheets explain the steps you should take to understand and use your insurance and what you need to do to keep your insurance.
- How to Keep Your Marketplace Health Insurance (Cómo Conservar Su Seguro del Mercado de Seguros Médicos)
Walks people through what they need to do to keep their insurance, including paying their premiums and telling the marketplace about life changes.
- How to Use Your Health Insurance (Cómo Usar Su Seguro Médico)
Explains the steps people should take to use their insurance to stay healthy and pay less for services.
- What to Do after You Buy Health Insurance in the Marketplace (Que Hacer Después de Comprar un Seguro en el Mercado de Seguros Médicos)
Lists steps consumers should take to make sure that their coverage starts and that they understand how their insurance works.