Background Resources from our Partners
We’ve gathered some of the most useful materials from experts across the country to provide a basic background on the key issues in payment and delivery reform and health equity.
- Ushering in a New Era of Health Equity, Joseph Betancourt
Summary of the modern era of health equity.
- Why Health Equity Matters in an Era of Health Care Transformation, Daniel Dawes
Review of the role of health equity in the current moment of system transformation from a historical perspective, with a discussion of economic and legal considerations.
- A Roadmap and Best Practices for Organizations to Reduce Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Health Care, Marshal Chin, et al.
Describes six steps healthcare providers should take to reduce health disparities, starting with linking quality to equity through implementing change.
- Creating the Business Case for Achieving Health Equity, Marshall Chin
Includes concrete recommendations for aligning payment systems to advance equity.
- A Roadmap for Promoting Health Equity and Eliminating Disparities: The Four I’s for Health Equity, National Quality Forum
Discussion of how measurement and evidence can be used as tools to reduce disparities in health and health care through four domains of activity: identifying disparities, implementing interventions, investing in measurement and evaluation, and incentivizing disparity reduction.
- Discrimination in America, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, and National Public Radio (NPR)
Ground breaking survey of different groups’ self-reported experiences of discrimination, including how it affects their health and interaction with the health care system.