Who We Are
Since 1981, Families USA Foundation has been a leading national voice for health care consumers. Through our long-standing relationships with consumer leaders, advocates, and partner organizations, we have remained steadfast in our mission – Dedicated to the achievement of high-quality, affordable health care and improved health for all. We advance our mission through public policy analysis, advocacy, and collaboration with partners to promote a patient- and community-centered health system.
The Fundraising Manager will work closely with the Senior Director of Fundraising to build a comprehensive individual giving program.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Work with the Senior Director to grow the pipeline of donors to fully support a robust major giving program, including managing a database of prospects and tracking them throughout the donor lifecycle.
- Research potential individual donors and write concise profiles.
- Draft correspondence with donors and prospects, including outreach and thank you letters and grant reports in collaboration with program and Finance Department staff.
- Prepare components of grant proposals such as budgets and background documents and draft concept papers and other proposal documents.
- Collaborate and communicate with staff on fundraising projects.
- Oversee the proper acknowledgment of all charitable donations and ensure efficient and effective stewardships of all donors.
A passion for social justice and for the mission of Families USA. A bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of relevant professional experience. Strong writing, editing, organizational, and communication skills. You will have a versatile skill set and a willingness to play many roles and learn new skills while being diplomatic, professional, and having a mature manner with colleagues, prospects, and donors. You are self-motivated and detail oriented and can thrive in a fast-paced, motivated office environment. Prior knowledge of Microsoft Office and Salesforce experience are helpful but not required.
We offer a dynamic, empowering, and collaborative work environment that allows staff to reach their full potential. We offer an extremely attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, disability, and life, 403(b), 3+ weeks’ vacation, nine (9) Federal holidays, and our office is closed between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day, onsite fitness center, and many more exciting benefit programs.
How to Apply
We encourage qualified candidates to apply below and include in your application: your cover letter, resume, and desired salary. Cover letter and resume will be used as writing samples. Direct hire only – no recruiters. EEO.