Families USA, a national voice for health care consumers dedicated to the achievement of high-quality, affordable health care for all, is seeking a Director of Talent and Happiness. We are seeking a seasoned HR professional that will bring creative approaches to building and maintaining a vibrant work culture focused on passion for our work, dynamic creativity, and open and transparent feedback. We welcome approaches that empower employees across the organization, challenge assumptions, and support organizational effectiveness and morale. The Director’s overall work includes: leading recruitment and staff development, overseeing all HR strategy and operations, administering benefits, directing outside HR vendors, and ensuring state, federal, and organizational compliance. This position reports to the Senior Director of Finance and Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Staff Development and Training:
- Develop a cohesive human resources and work culture plan for the organization
- Develop annual programming to build organizational effectiveness and work culture
- Lead recruitment activities, bringing an inclusion lens, to attract high-quality and diverse talent across the organization
- Oversee annual employee evaluation processes for all employees
- Provide training and support to supervisors on performance management processes
- Build and maintain positive relationships with staff across all levels of the organization
- Support staff in meeting their professional development goals through trainings, mentoring, coaching, etc.
- Work with leadership to develop initiatives to maintain a positive and supportive work culture
Human Resources Operations:
- Develop and manage all human resource policies and procedures within the organization
- Manage employee personnel and performance issues as they arise, including conducting internal investigations and terminations when necessary
- Administer employee benefits and manage life events for benefits including; Medical, Dental, Vision, Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability, Life, AD&D, COBRA, and FSA
- Manage benefit platforms (BenefitMall, ADP, Workforce Now, Infinisource, Nationwide, Smart Benefits)
- Oversee and provide support as needed on compliance related to: FMLA, ADA, parental, short- and long-term disability, and unpaid leave
- Ensure organizational compliance with federal and state human resources regulations
- Coordinate with the Accounting Manager for payroll processing
- Facilitate annual open enrollment process for employee benefits
- Manage 403(b) and 457 retirement plans for Families USA
- Conduct new hire orientations and exit interviews
- Due to the sensitive nature of the position, maintain the strictest confidentiality.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or related discipline
- Certification as an HR professional (for example, PHR, SPHR, etc.) are highly desirable
- 7-10 years of related experience
- Strong emotional intelligence and true ability to connect with people and interact with others with grace, competence, and warmth
- Self-starter and collaborative team player, comfortable leading as well as executing projects as required
- Outstanding management and organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated skill and expert-level knowledge of all major human resources disciplines required (i.e., benefits administration, payroll administration, employee relations, performance management)
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local labor laws
- Advanced knowledge of HR software, such as Workforce Now through ADP
- Understanding of benefits platforms and software such as Infinisource, BenefitMall, ADP, DC Health Link
Salary Range: $95,000 - $115,000
To apply, submit a cover letter and résumé online via the link below. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Families USA offers a generous benefits package including excellent health insurance, life and long-term disability insurance benefits and generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules.
Families USA is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified veterans and diverse candidates are encouraged to apply. No phone calls, please.