Worry Less Spend Less: Out-of-Pocket Spending Caps Protect America's Families
This fact sheet explains five provisions of the health care law that are already in effect and helping many Americans. These provisions do the following:
- allow children to stay on their parents' health plans until age 26
- protect children with pre-existing conditions
- give people with Medicare Part D rebate checks if they reach the coverage gap known as the "doughnut hole"
- give seniors free preventive care
- help small businesses provide coverage to their workers
Use the data in this fact sheet to show your state's policymakers how the Affordable Care Act is already helping residents of all ages.