What Will the New Health Reform Law Do in the First Year?
The Affordable Care Act makes significant changes that will help consumers, and many of those changes go into effect right away. For example, the law:
- provides help for people with pre-existing conditions
- requires health insurance companies to spend the majority of premium dollars on health care
- offers free preventive services
- ends annual and lifetime limits on health coverage
- lets young adults stay on their parents' health plan until they turn 26
- improves drug coverage in Medicare
Find out more about all the ways the Affordable Care Act will help consumers right away.