Health Insurance Options for Latinos
In user-friendly language, this simple brochure (PDF) explains how the Affordable Care Act improves health coverage for Latinos, including affordable coverage options and consumer protections. (The brochure is available in English and Spanish.)
Improvements that can save consumers money
- No more copayments for preventive care
- Safeguards to prevent unfair premium increases
- Medicare prescription drug savings
Improvements that protect consumers' rights
- Insurance companies can’t discriminate against adults or children because they are or were sick.
- Kids can stay on their parents' plan until they turn 26.
- Health plans can’t cut consumers off and stop covering their health care costs if they get sick.
- Information consumers provide cannot be used for civil immigration enforcement purposes.
Affordable coverage options
- Consumers can shop for and compare plans in the health insurance marketplaces.
- One application gets consumers the health coverage and financial assistance they need.
- Consumers can apply online, by phone, or with the help of a trained enrollment assister.
- Consumers with a low income may qualify for Medicaid.
- Consumers with a middle income may be eligible for financial assistance to help pay for a plan.
Co-produced with the National Council of La Raza (NCLR).