Health Coverage in the States: How Will Health Reform Help?
The Affordable Care Act will help residents in every state by addressing gaps in the current health coverage system. As a result, Americans will be able to get affordable, high-quality health insurance that meets their needs.
Get state-level information on how the Affordable Care Act will improve health coverage and care for residents. For example, the law will:
- guarantee coverage for people with pre-existing conditions
- help middle-class families afford health insurance premiums
- expand Medicaid coverage to more low-income Americans
- provide tax credits to small businesses for offering health coverage to their workers
- end annual and lifetime limits on health coverage