Get Ready to Get Health Coverage
In user-friendly language, this brochure (PDF) lists the steps consumers should take to get ready to apply for health insurance and financial assistance. (Includes directions in English and Spanish.)
To get ready, consumers will need to answer these questions
- Does their employer offer health insurance?
- What is their budget? How much can they afford to pay per month?
- What is their current income, and what do they think it will be next year?
- Are there any specific doctors, services, or medications they want their plan to cover?
The brochure also lists the information consumers will need when they are ready to apply.
To sign up
- Go to healthcare.gov to connect to your state’s marketplace.
- Call 1-800-318-2596.
- Local, in-person assistance is also available to help you sign up.
Co-produced with the National Council of La Raza (NCLR).