Families USA, a leading national voice for health care consumers, is dedicated to the achievement of high-quality, affordable health care for all. We advance our mission through public policy analysis, advocacy, and collaboration with partners to promote a patient- and community-centered health system.
We are hiring a senior policy analyst to work on Medicare and Medicaid payment policy with the Policy Department and staff across the organization. The Policy Department works to provide analysis and insight regarding universal coverage, transformation of health care delivery and payment, consumer engagement in care, and achieving equity in health care access and outcomes. We engage advocates to promote best practices and help states make changes that give residents good health coverage and high-quality care. The senior policy analyst will work to develop and deliver timely, efficient, tailored policy research, analysis, and reporting in support of the organization’s policy agenda.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid payment policy.
- Performs policy research, analysis, and reporting on issues.
- Tracks and reports on Medicare payment policy including fee-for-service payment, MACRA implementation, and Accountable Care Organization initiatives.
- Tracks and reports on Medicaid health systems transformation, including trends in managed care and long-term care.
- Helps build and support relationships with individuals, federal agencies, decision-making bodies, coalitions, working groups and other organizations.
- Working with colleagues, responds to regulatory and legislative requests or opportunities to provide feedback, including writing or coordinating regulatory comments.
- Coordinates with other Families USA program staff to maintain up-to-date knowledge of state and federal health policy initiatives and advocacy strategies used in other states in order to identify potential issues and opportunities for state partners.
- Performs technical assistance and policy guidance for partners.
- Produces content, including but not limited to: reports, issue briefs, fact sheets, PowerPoint presentations, emails, blogs, webinars and other materials.
- Travels occasionally for presentations, trainings, and consultations with state and local advocates.
- Some indirect supervision of fellows and interns.
An ideal applicant would possess these qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree, master’s or equivalent degree preferred, and 2-7 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of health policy, particularly experience working on Medicare and Medicaid payment policy, quality measurement, risk adjustment and payment for value arrangements.
- Strong analytical abilities and an ability to perform quantitative and data analyses.
- A close attention to detail.
- Experience working with coalitions and diverse stakeholders.
- An understanding of policy and advocacy campaigns.
- Strong organizational skills,an ability to work on multiple projects at the same time, and an ability to collaborate with a team to complete a project.
- Excellent communication skills—both oral and written, including the ability to write about technical policy issues in an accessible manner.
- Experience working on issues of health disparities and inequities.
- A commitment to social justice.
The salary will be commensurate with experience. Families USA offers a generous benefits package, including excellent health insurance, life and long-term disability insurance benefits, and generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules. Families USA is an equal opportunity employer.