Useful tools to help with enrollment, such as brochures, fact sheets, and consumer health insurance FAQs.
These fact sheets address several common issues consumers may encounter when filling out the application for health insurance.
- Answering Questions about Your Family When Applying for Health Insurance
Explains which family members to include on your health insurance application and why.
- Answering Questions about Your Family’s Income When Applying for Health Insurance
Explains what kinds of income to include (and not include) on your health insurance application.
- Applying for a Marketplace Plan if You Can Get Health Insurance through Your Job
Information the application asks for if you can get health insurance through an employer and how job-based coverage could affect your eligibility for financial assistance.
- What to Do if You Are Uninsured after Open Enrollment
Discusses other options people may have to get insurance, and, if they can’t, how to receive basic health care services.
These fact sheets answer questions about getting and using financial assistance to pay for health insurance and to help pay for health care when consumers go to the doctor.
- Getting Financial Assistance to Pay for Health Insurance
Explains how to get financial assistance to help pay for health insurance premiums.
- Deciding How Much Financial Assistance to Use to Lower Your Monthly Premiums
Provides information on how much financial assistance to use for help paying monthly health insurance premiums.
- Will I Be Able to Get Financial Help to Pay for Health Insurance?
This worksheet can help you figure out if you might be able to get financial help before you start the application process.
- How Getting Financial Assistance to Pay for Health Insurance Affects Your Taxes
Explains how taxes are affected by the financial assistance that you get to help you pay for health insurance.
- Getting Extra Financial Assistance to Help Pay Health Care Costs
Explains who is eligible to get extra financial help to pay for care and how it works.
These fact sheets provide information about the new health plan options available through the marketplaces and what you should consider when choosing a plan.
- Understanding the Differences between Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze Plans (Spanish version)
Explains the different categories of health plans to help you choose a plan.
- Choosing the Health Plan That’s Right for You (Spanish version)
Provides information you need to know to help you choose the plan that meets your specific health care needs.
- Choosing a Health Plan You Can Afford (Spanish version)
Provides information about the different costs that you will pay in addition to your monthly premium.
- Understanding Catastrophic Health Insurance
Explains how coverage works in catastrophic health plans and who can buy these plans.
- Buying Children's Dental Coverage through the Marketplace
This fact sheet explains how to buy dental coverage for children through the new insurance marketplaces.
These fact sheets explain the steps you should take to understand and use your insurance and what you need to do to keep your insurance.
- How to Keep Your Marketplace Health Insurance (Spanish version)
Walks people through what they need to do to keep their insurance, including paying their premiums and telling the marketplace about life changes.
- How to Use Your Health Insurance (Spanish version)
Explains the steps people should take to use their insurance to stay healthy and pay less for services.
- What to Do after You Buy Health Insurance in the Marketplace (Spanish version)
Lists steps consumers should take to make sure that their coverage starts and that they understand how their insurance works.
These fact sheets answer commonly asked questions about the government’s requirement that all citizens have basic health insurance, and about how to get an exemption to that rule if you need it.
- Understanding the Requirement to Have Health Insurance
Provides information about the requirement to have basic health insurance.
- Understanding Minimum Essential Coverage
Explains the types of health insurance that qualify as basic health insurance.
- Income Guidelines for Getting and Using Financial Assistance for Health Insurance
These tables provide income guidelines for using financial assistance to pay for health insurance.
- Income Guidelines for Getting Extra Financial Assistance to Help Pay Health Care Costs
These tables provide income guidelines for getting extra financial assistance to help pay for health care costs and examples of how this assistance lowers out-of-pocket costs.
- Types of Exemptions from the Requirement to Have Health Insurance
This chart provides an overview of the different reasons you could get an exemption from the requirement to have health insurance, where and when you need to apply, and how long each type of exemption lasts.
Families USA produced the following materials with National Council of La Raza
- Get Ready to Get Health Coverage (English and Spanish versions)
This palm card lists the steps consumers should take to get ready to apply for health insurance and financial assistance. The brochure also lists the information consumers will need when they are ready to apply.
- Health Insurance Options for Latinos (English and Spanish versions)
This brochure explains how the Affordable Care Act improves health coverage for Latinos, including improvements that can save consumers money, affordable coverage options and consumer protections.
- Health Insurance Basics: Key Words and Phrases You Need to Know (English and Spanish versions)
This guide explains many of the health insurance terms that consumers need to understand when they are shopping for insurance. It also explains the different costs associated with health insurance, rules about how to get health care, and how to pick the right plan.