Health Action 2017 is taking place at the award-winning Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, located at 400 New Jersey Avenue NW, Washington, DC. At the Hyatt, you will enjoy deluxe amenities, and friendly, attentive staff. Reserve your room now!
You’ll have easy access to all of the attractions of our nation's capitol from our location in the heart of this popular downtown neighborhood. Walk to the U.S. Capitol, the White House, Smithsonian museums, the Spy Museum, the National Mall, countless monuments, restaurants, and shopping—all just minutes from our hotel. More hotel info >>
The Hyatt Regency Washington is wheelchair accessible and meets all the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). View Hyatt's accessibility services >>
Registrants for Health Action 2017 receive a special Hyatt rate of $215 per room (single or double) per night, plus taxes, until January 14. After that date, if a room is available, you may have to pay a higher rate.
More than two people may share a room ($240 for triple and quadruple occupancy), with a maximum of four occupants.
You must guarantee your reservation with a credit card. You may cancel your reservation without penalty up to two days prior to 3:00 pm EST on the day of arrival.
Reserve your room online or call the hotel at 1-888-421-1442. Be sure to tell them you’re with Families USA's Health Action conference to get the special room rate. If you need an accessible room, tell the hotel when you make your reservation.
Looking for a roommate to share the cost of a room? Contact Regina Wise via email@example.com for information.
Parking at the Hotel
The Hyatt offers on-property indoor valet parking for $56 per night for cars and $62 per night for SUVs and vans based on availability. This parking garage has a clearance of 6 feet. There are also Electric Vehicle Charging Stations for patrons.
For conference attendees and visitors of the hotel, there is hourly parking available.
Additional parking is available at Union Station (2 blocks from the hotel). Vehicles under 7.5 feet in height are $20 for 2-12 hours and $24 for 12-24 hours. For vehicles over 7.5 feet in height, please contact Union Station at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a space and receive an accurate quote.
Getting to the Hotel
Corporate Traveler is the official Travel Agent for the Health Action 2017 conference. You can reach our agent, Gabrielle Whitt, 1-703-336-1220, email@example.com. You will pay a service fee of $30 if you book tickets through our agent.
Driving from the Airports
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)
Take the George Washington Parkway Exit on I-395 N. to Washington. Follow the signs to I-395 N./U.S. Capitol. Take the exit for U.S. Senate/D Street/I-395 N. Stay in the right lane through two tunnels. In the second tunnel, pass the U.S. Capitol exit to D Street. Turn right at the light at the end of the tunnel onto D Street. Go to the second traffic light and turn left onto New Jersey Avenue. The Hyatt Regency Washington is on the left. Total distance: 4.6 miles.
Dulles International Airport (IAD)
Follow the signs to Washington, D.C. on the Dulles Toll/Access Road. Stay in the center lane (no toll) to I-66 E. to Washington. Cross the Roosevelt Bridge. Follow the signs to Constitution Avenue toward the U.S. Capitol. Proceed 2.5 miles. Turn left onto Louisiana Avenue NW. Travel to the third light. Turn left onto New Jersey Avenue. The Hyatt Regency Washington is on the left. Total distance: 27.6 miles.
Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI)
Exit the airport on I-195 W. Merge onto MD-295 S. via exit 2B toward Washington. Merge onto New York Avenue NE/U.S. 50 to Washington. Stay on New York Avenue for four miles. Make a left onto N. Capital Street and proceed for one mile. Make a right onto E Street and proceed for one block. Make a left onto New Jersey Avenue. The Hyatt Regency Washington is on the right. Total distance: 31.7 miles.
From Points North
Take I-95 S. to exit 22B (Baltimore-Washington Parkway S.). Exit on Rt. 50 W. toward Washington, then exit on New York Avenue. Stay on New York Avenue for four miles. Make a left onto N. Capital Street and proceed for one mile. Make a right onto E Street and proceed for one block. Make a left onto New Jersey Avenue. The Hyatt Regency Washington is on the right.
From Points South
Take I-95 N. to I-395 toward Washington. As you go over the Potomac River, stay in the middle lanes. At the end of the bridge, veer right and continue following the signs for I-395 N. Proceed for one mile, then take the exit for U.S. Senate/D Street/I-395 N. Stay in the right lane through two tunnels. In the second tunnel, pass the U.S. Capitol exit to D Street. Turn right at the light at the end of the tunnel onto D Street. Go to the second traffic light and turn left onto New Jersey Avenue. The Hyatt Regency Washington is on the left.
From Points West
Take I-66 E. or Route 50 toward Washington to the Theodore Roosevelt Bridge. Exit onto Constitution Avenue. Follow Constitution Avenue to the U.S. Capitol. A few blocks before the Capitol, make a left onto Louisiana Avenue and proceed for two blocks. Make a left onto New Jersey Avenue. The Hyatt Regency Washington is one block down on the left.
From the Northwest (I-270)
Take I-270 S. toward Washington. Keep right to take the I-270 Spur S. to I-495 S. in the direction of Washington/Northern VA. I-270. The spur becomes I-495. Take exit 43 to the George Washington Memorial Parkway toward Washington. Follow the George Washington Parkway until it merges with I-395 N. toward Washington. In the second tunnel, pass the U.S. Capitol exit to D Street. Turn right at the light at the end of the tunnel onto D Street. Go to the second traffic light and turn left onto New Jersey Avenue. The Hyatt Regence Washington is on the left.
Taxis, Shuttle Service, and Public Transportation
From/To Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)
- Taxi: Taxis to the Hyatt Regency Washington are available outside the baggage claim area. The fare is approximately $15-$20 (10-20 minutes).
Get a taxi, private car or rideshare from your mobile phone for Uber or Lyft: Download them from the App Store on your iPhone iPad, and iPod touch or from Android Apps on Google Play.
- Metro (Subway): (To ride the metro you will need to purchase a SmartTrip card.) Take the Yellow line from the airport to the Gallery Place/Chinatown stop. Transfer to the Red line and take it to Union Station (the second stop). The Union Station Metro stop is three blocks from the hotel. The Metro from DCA to Union Station is approximately $2.75 for SmarTrip card users, and $3.75 for paper farecard users. Fares may vary based on the time of day. Check fares >>
- Super Shuttle: This shuttle service is available seven days a week. Shuttle vans are located outside the baggage claim area—watch for signs saying “Ground Transportation.” Look for the blue vans with yellow lettering. The shuttle will make multiple stops on its way, but it will drop you off directly at the hotel. You can make advance reservations by calling 800-BlueVan (800-258-3826) or online at supershuttle.com. The fare is approximately $14 one way. (The length of the trip depends on the number of stops required by the other passengers.)
From/To Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- Taxi: Taxis are available on the lower level outside baggage claim. The fare is approximately $60-$80 (50-60 minutes).
- Super Shuttle: Approximate fare is $29 one way ($10 for additional passengers in the same party).
From/To Baltimore/Washington Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI)
- Taxi: Taxis are available on the lower level outside baggage claim. The fare is approximately $63 (1 hour).
- MARC Train to Washington, DC: This is a commuter train from BWI to Union Station, which is three blocks from the hotel. Approximate cost is $7 one way. The MARC train runs on weekdays only. Schedules and fares >>
- Super Shuttle: Approximate fare is $39 one way ($12 for additional passengers in the same party).
Amtrak trains provide service to the BWI Rail Station, where free shuttles serve the airport terminal. Shuttle stops are located on the lower level terminal roadway between door numbers 1 and 2, 8 and 9, 14 and 15, and 17 and 18. Shuttle buses from the BWI terminal building to the rail station operate every 12 minutes from 5:00 am to 1:00 am daily, and every 25 minutes between 1:00 am and 5:00 am daily. Buses stop adjacent to the rail station garage, directly in front of the rail station. The BWI Rail Station is located one mile from the terminal building. To contact the BWI Marshall Rail Station, call 410-672-6169.
For Amtrak schedules and information, call 800-USA-RAIL (800-872-7245) or go to amtrak.com.
- From BWI Airport—Board the Amtrak train at BWI Airport to Washington’s Union Station.
- From Washington, D.C. to BWI—Board the Amtrak train to BWI from Washington's Union Station. To contact Amtrak Passenger Services at Union Station, call 202-906-3260.
- From Philadelphia, PA—Board the Amtrak train in Philadelphia at 30th and Market Streets. To contact the Philadelphia 30th Street Train Station, call 215-349-2270.
- From Wilmington, DE—Board the Amtrak train in Wilmington at Martin Luther King Blvd. and French Street.
- From Alexandria, VA—Board the Amtrak train in Alexandria at 110 Callahan Drive.
From/To Union Station/Amtrak
- Walking: The Hyatt Regency Washington is located three blocks from Union Station. Follow the exit signs to the front of Union Station. Take E Street (between the semicircle of flags) to the intersection of E Street NW and New Jersey Avenue NW. The hotel will be directly in front of you.
- Taxis: Taxis are available outside the front entrance of Union Station. The fare is approximately $7, with possible surcharges.
Getting around town by Metro: For assistance in planning your travel, contact our concierge, or visit WMATA.com for complete maps, schedules, fares, and trip ideas.
For additional assistance with transportation or recommendations for getting around in Washington, D.C., contact our concierge at 202-737-1234.