Mobilize Now To Stop Senate from Stripping Millions of Health Coverage
Senate Republicans are on course to fast-track the bill to repeal the Affordable Care Act and cut Medicaid. Majority Leader Mitch McConnell wants to bring the Republican health care bill to a vote after the July 4 recess. Now is the time to put all hands on deck to stop this harmful bill!
Contact your senators and tell them that you oppose the GOP health care bill
Call or email your senators: 1-866-426-2631
Tell them you will not stand for a plan to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act that causes 22 million people to lose health insurance and makes giant cuts to health care for seniors, children, veterans, people with disabilities, and people suffering with substance use and mental health conditions.
Tell them that tweaks around the edges of this harmful bill, like proposals to delay the date when Medicaid expansion coverage will be eliminated for millions, do nothing to improve the bill’s harmful impact on health care consumers and families. Senators should oppose any proposals that:
- End the Medicaid expansion at any point in time
- Destroy the Medicaid program as we know it by changing the structure through per capita caps or block grants
- Increase the number of people without health insurance
- Undermine the consumer protections put in place by the Affordable Care Act
Shareable graphics for social media
Share these graphics from your Twitter and Facebook accounts to inform your networks about what’s at stake if Republican proposals to repeal the ACA and cut Medicaid move forward.
- Senator, Who Will Lose Medicaid Coverage First?
- 5 Facts about Medicaid
- Seniors' Premiums Will Skyrocket under Repeal Bill
Take these actions and ask your networks to do the same
Thank you for your work at this critical time.