Families USA, the national organization for health care consumers, is hiring a Story Bank Associate to significantly grow its Story Bank, a unique and powerful tool that enables broad dissemination of “real life” stories of people who are benefiting from enrolling in health coverage provided by the Affordable Care Act. The Story Bank Associate will work in collaboration with other Communications Department staff to develop a substantial and accurate list of health care consumers who are willing to share their stories with the public. Stories from the Families USA Story Bank are highly sought after by colleague organizations and the nation’s leading media outlets, so speed and accuracy are fundamental elements to the Story Bank’s operations.
- Contacting potential Story Bank participants
- Scheduling and conducting interviews with each potential Story Bank participant
- Preparing written summaries of stories and logging them into a database
- Working in collaboration with other Communications Department staff to fulfill incoming media requests
- Regularly maintaining and updating existing stories
- Developing knowledge and expertise about relevant provisions of the Affordable Care Act
An ideal applicant would possess these qualifications
- At least 2-3 years experience in issue advocacy, story collection or media outreach efforts
- A strong interest in promoting high-quality, affordable health coverage and care
- Strong organizational and oral and written communications skills
- The ability to relate to people with many different backgrounds
- The ability to discreetly deal with sensitive, confidential information
- Prior experience with vetting or interviewing clients is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of the Affordable Care Act a plus
- Spanish language skills are a plus.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com and include “Story Bank Associate” in the subject line. The salary will be commensurate with experience. Families USA offers a generous benefits package, including excellent health insurance, life and long-term disability insurance benefits, and generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules. Families USA is an equal opportunity employer.