Families USA is a national nonprofit, non-partisan organization dedicated to the achievement of quality, affordable health care and coverage for all Americans. Families USA is hiring a State Campaigns Manager to lead a state-based campaign project. The manager will work with state groups in up to 15 states coordinating campaign efforts to protect health care benefits provided by the Affordable Care Act. The position will be part of the Campaigns, Outreach and Engagement team which leads the organization’s advocacy priorities by managing relationships with national and state partners. We are looking for creative, driven candidates with experience working with diverse partners in a coalition on an advocacy campaigns and experience with federal and state-based legislative advocacy.
- Manage a Families USA state-based campaign effort working with a team of policy and campaigns partners.
- Coordinate efforts with national and state-based groups to enact health care initiatives on the state level.
- Work on the Families USA annual Health Action Conference including planning, logistics support and coordination of workshops and sessions.
- Document technical assistance requests and collaborate with Families USA departments to provide timely responses to requests.
- Travel to states to enhance relationships with partners and identify opportunities to build new relationships with advocates.
- Coordinate communications and media relationships between state advocates and Families USA Communications team.
An ideal applicant would possess these qualifications
- A passion for social justice and for the mission of Families USA.
- At least three years’ experience working in advocacy or campaigns.
- An understanding of health care advocacy especially in regard to consumer health issues, Medicaid and the Affordable Care Act.
- Experience working with diverse partners in a coalition on an advocacy campaign.
- Experience with state-based legislative advocacy.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to collaborate with other staff to complete a project.
To apply, please use our application form, linked below. The salary will be commensurate with experience. Families USA offers a generous benefits package, including excellent health insurance, life and long-term disability insurance benefits, and generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules. Families USA is an equal opportunity employer.