Families USA, a national nonprofit advocacy organization dedicated to the achievement of high-quality, affordable health care for all, is seeking a Senior Director of Fundraising. This position will build and direct a comprehensive foundation-focused, development program to raise the revenue Families USA needs to establish a firm and sustainable base of support. Identify and manage relationships with, and draft proposals and reports to potential corporate, foundation, individual and government donors. As a member of the Leadership Team, the Senior Director of Development will contribute to all aspects of organizational management, such as strategic planning, financial management, communications, and performance development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement a comprehensive, realistic fundraising plan.
- Develop and nurture relationships with foundations.
- Effectively position and support the Executive Director to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward fundraising relationships.
- Direct all grant-writing and reporting responsibilities.
- Serve as main organizational contact for funder relationships.
- Proactively cultivate and manage a personal portfolio of prospects.
- Proactively lead innovative fundraising efforts.
- Maintain decision making authority over fundraising priorities, strategies and staffing.
- Maintain and track regular contact with all funders and funding prospects. Engage and support leadership and staff, and other constituents on fundraising initiatives.
- Lead individual donor programs. Manage grants manager and fundraising intern.
- Oversee systems to ensure efficient stewardship and reporting.
- Spread a culture of philanthropy throughout Families USA.
- Report to the Executive Director and serve as a member of the Leadership Team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, graduate degree preferred and ten years of expertise in foundation fundraising for an advocacy organization
- Corporate fundraising experience and some experience with individual giving
- Facility using Salesforce, and prospect research tools such as Foundation Center online and iWave
- Experience with the use of the latest communication tools and technologies, i.e., social media
- Demonstrated ability to create, execute, evaluate, and adapt an effective fundraising strategy in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, including an acumen for writing a compelling case for support
- Ability to master complex policy concept and program strategies and communicate them clearly and concisely to diverse audiences
- Ability to manage relationships with senior and junior staff with different skills, interest, levels of experience and areas of expertise
To apply, submit a cover letter and résumé online via the link below. The salary will be commensurate with experience. Families USA offers a generous benefits package including excellent health insurance, life and long-term disability insurance benefits and generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules. Families USA is an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls, please.