Families USA is a national nonprofit, non-partisan organization dedicated to the achievement of quality, affordable health care and coverage for all Americans. Families USA is hiring an Oral Health Advocacy Manager to lead federal and state initiatives of the Oral Health for All Campaign. The work includes efforts to expand dental benefits for adults covered under Medicaid and advance advocacy for dental coverage for Medicare. The position will be part of the Campaigns, Outreach and Engagement team which leads the organization’s advocacy priorities by managing relationships with national and state partners. We are looking for creative, driven candidates with experience working with diverse partners in a coalition on an advocacy campaigns and experience with federal and state-based legislative advocacy.
- Manage Families USA priorities and plans to expand oral health coverage on the state and federal levels working with a team of policy and campaigns partners.
- Assist Government Affairs team in Congressional and administration outreach on oral health legislation and policies.
- Work on the Families USA annual Health Action Conference and Oral Health pre-conference including planning, logistics support and coordination of workshops and sessions.
- Document technical assistance requests and collaborate with Families USA departments to provide timely responses to requests.
- Some travel to states to enhance relationships with partners and identify opportunities to build new relationships with advocates.
An ideal applicant would possess these qualifications
- A passion for social justice and for the mission of Families USA.
- At least three years’ experience working in advocacy or campaigns.
- An understanding of health care advocacy especially in regard to consumer health issues, Medicaid and the Affordable Care Act.
- An understanding of oral health issues including Medicaid benefits and coverage.
- Experience working with diverse partners in a coalition on an advocacy campaign.
- Experience with state-based legislative advocacy.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to collaborate with other staff to complete a project.
To apply, please use our application form, linked below. The salary will be commensurate with experience. Families USA offers a generous benefits package, including excellent health insurance, life and long-term disability insurance benefits, and generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules. Families USA is an equal opportunity employer.