Families USA is a national nonprofit, non-partisan organization dedicated to the achievement of quality, affordable health care and coverage for all Americans. Families USA is hiring a Field Associate to work closely with the Field Team and other members of Families USA’s staff to carry out the organization’s advocacy priorities by managing relationships with partners in up to 16 states and tracking key health care policy developments, trends and challenges in those states. We are looking for creative, driven applicants with experience working with diverse partners in a coalition on advocacy campaigns and experience with state-based legislative advocacy.
- Communicate Families USA priorities and plans to key-state-based organizations and support state-based partners in health care advocacy.
- Track and document developments and trends based on Families USA priorities and issues identified by state partners and advocates.
- Maintain and record timely, frequent contact through phone and email with state partners.
- Work on the Families USA annual Health Action conference including planning, logistics support and coordination of workshops and sessions.
- Document technical assistance requests and collaborate with Families USA departments to provide timely responses to requests.
- Travel to states to enhance relationships with partners and indentify opportunities to build new relationships with advocates.
- Contribute to written Field communications reports for partners distributed through email and online blogs.
- Coordinate communications and media relationships between state advocates and Families USA Communications team.
An ideal applicant would possess these qualifications
- A passion for social justice and for the mission of Families USA.
- At least three years experience working in advocacy or campaigns.
- An understanding of health care advocacy especially in regard to consumer health issues, Medicaid and the Affordable Care Act.
- Experience working with diverse partners in a coalition on an advocacy campaign.
- Experience with state-based legislative advocacy.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to collaborate with other staff to complete a project.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Field Associate” in the subject line. The salary will be commensurate with experience. Families USA offers a generous benefits package, including excellent health insurance, life and long-term disability insurance benefits, and generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules. Families USA is an equal opportunity employer.