Families USA, a leading national voice for health care consumers, is dedicated to the achievement of high-quality, affordable health care for all. We advance our mission through public policy analysis, advocacy, and collaboration with partners to promote a patient- and community-centered health system.
We are currently seeking an experienced Executive Assistant to support the Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director & Chief Operating Officer of this non-profit health care policy advocacy organization. Key duties include assisting the Executive Director with scheduling, travel, meeting logistics, and standard administrative duties.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepares and monitors correspondence, agendas and other material as requested
- Manages appointments and schedules conferences and travel
- Coordinate meeting logistics
- General office duties: filing, faxing, and photo copying
- Manages the calendars of the Executive Director and the Deputy Executive Director & COO
- Prepares expense reports
- Prepares presentations
- Maintain a positive working relationship with staff
- Other duties as assigned
An ideal applicant would possess these qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of administrative experience
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good judgement and the ability to function independently
- Experience working in a nonprofit advocacy organization is preferred
To apply, submit a cover letter and résumé via the link below. The salary will be commensurate with experience. Families USA offers a generous benefits package, including excellent health insurance, life and long-term disability insurance benefits, and generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules. Families USA is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.