Families USA is a national nonprofit, non-partisan organization dedicated to the achievement of quality, affordable health care and coverage for all Americans. Families USA is hiring a Development Associate to work closely with the Director of Development, the Senior Development Associate and top health policy experts to build a comprehensive and high performing development program. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing fundraising team at an organization that seeks to ensure that all Americans have access to high quality, affordable health care.
- Researching potential corporate, individual and foundation donors and writing concise profiles.
- Managing a database of prospects and tracking them throughout the donor lifecycle.
- Drafting correspondence with donors and prospects, including outreach and thank you letters and grant reports in collaboration with program and finance department staff.
- Preparing components of grant proposals such as budgets and background documents and drafting concept papers and other proposal documents.
- Managing the logistics of donor cultivation events such as small group dinners and presentations across the country.
- Overseeing the proper acknowledgment of all charitable donations and ensuring efficient and effective stewardships of all donors.
An ideal applicant would possess these qualifications
- A passion for social justice and for the mission of Families USA.
- Strong writing, editing, organizational, and communication skills.
- Versatile skill set and a willingness to play many roles and learn new skills.
- Diplomatic, professional and mature manner with colleagues, prospects and donors.
- The ability to work individually, as well as part of a team.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, motivated office environment.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Salesforce experience helpful but not required.
- A bachelor’s degree and relevant professional experience.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Development Associate” in the subject line. The salary will be commensurate with experience. Families USA offers a generous benefits package, including excellent health insurance, life and long-term disability insurance benefits, and generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules. Families USA is an equal opportunity employer.